ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Davis <nick_home_acco...@yahoo.com>
Subject ANTIDOTE - Drop and Drag
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 02:07:11 GMT
This message was from a side discussion.
I am reposting it to the mailing list.

<Christoph.Wilhelms@t-online.de> wrote:

> GREAT! How do you handle, if a Sub Element can't be
> part of a super element???

none at this point, but I was thinking about
displaying an "are you sure" message.

> What hint are you giving to the user visualy?

The visual hint is pretty basic. If the new item
is to be placed above or below an exiting item,
a line is drawn above or below the existing item,
and if the new item will be a child of the
exiting item, two small lines are drawn on either
side to the exiting item.

In the child case, I tried to have the existing
item appear selected, but I had trouble making it
work... I'm going to look at it again.

Another thing I regret is: Drag and Drop
from one antidote to another antidote doesn't
work. The Node would have to be "flattened" and
recreated at the target.  The org.wc3.dom.Node
interface isn't seriablizable, so I considered
making each of the ACS nodes seriablizable, but
that would rely on the base class implemention,
and I thought that may work with one parser but
not another.  Maybe there is an easier way I'm
missing?