ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] vote on general direction, details will be discussed later
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2001 18:45:07 GMT

> The stuff that didn't get enough - or negative - votes in the first
> pass.
>

> -----------------------------
>
> >> * separate tasks into .tsk jars somehow. (Probably via function - ie
> >>   java tasks, file tasks, ejb tasks).
>
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
> > -1 - why? I'd probably go for core.task and then the various
> > optional tasks in categories, say ejb.tsk

+1 on what Conor is saying, although I don't think a .tsk file should be
limited to only one task. Let it depend on a manifest entry. I guess that
is what Conor is saying, so I don't know the reason for his -1 is. The
resolution shouldn't be too fine (1 .tsk file for the core), but fine
enought to separate concerns (e.g. vss.tsk is separate from startteam.tsk).

> >> * Ask for a new CVS module for Ant tasks.
>
> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
> > -1 - I think this can be done later. I'd like to get the task

+0 I would recommend getting it in place up front since it is an
infrastructure Item, and those are a pain to go back and fix later on.