ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FTP & Directories
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:14:41 GMT

--- Jaco de Groot <jaco.de.groot@eo.nl> wrote:

> wuFtpdDirExistError ;)
> ^^^^^^
>
> I only intend to solve a problem with the wu-ftpd
> server. Do you expect much
> more ftp servers to give problems? To keep your ant
> scripts working even if your
> ISP has changed to another ftp server program I
> think it will be best to detect
> the specific faulty ftp server behaviour.
>
> Jaco

Yes, I understand that.  And yes, I do expect problems
from other FTP servers.  After all, I coded the thing
for what is apparently server-specific behavior in the
first place - the 521 code seems to be specific to the
Solaris FTP server.  I'm simply stating that we would
do much better to shoot for a more general solution,
rather than patching for each server we encounter.

Meanwhile, you have a workaround that works, and
that's great.

roger