ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FTP & Directories
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:27:26 GMT

--- Jaco de Groot <jaco.de.groot@eo.nl> wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> >
> > Can't we just proceed regardless of result of
> mkdir (perhaps issue a
> > warning to log) and then the error will be picked
> up in next file transfer
> > into directory ???
>
> Maybe a wu-ftpd specific check is appropiate like:

Unfortunately there is a good chance this is going to
happen for every FTP server until we have a huge
string of special conditions.  Eventually, we might
even run into one that returns something meaningful
with the same codes we're ignoring!

I like Peter's suggestion best.  When an error code is
returned for MKDIR, just log it and proceed as if no
error occurred.  If it's truly an error, you're likely
to get another, this time fatal, error on a CD or a
PUT.  Logging the MKDIR error will allow the user to
track down the real problem.

roger