ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant's web page (was: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/webpage/xdocs/stylesheets project.xml)
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 15:05:42 GMT
> We need to think about our microsite a little, what do we want to do
> here, which content do we want and so on - this includes the question
> whether we really want to duplicate all the links from the main site
> navigation.

I don't mind the inclusion of the general Jakarta links, but I'd like to
see it be more obvious that that's what they are. The first time I went to
the Jakarta page and clicked on Ant, I assumed the left-side list became
Ant-specific, since the whole page was printed, so when I clicked on the
"CVS Repositories" link, I figured it would take me to Ant's CVS. The new
"External Resources for Ant" probably shouldn't be included in the list
under "Essentials", since that confuses what that left-side list is (ie.,
general Jakarta, not specific to Ant). It might also be a nice idea to
have all the Jakarta subprojects' pages do the same thing, with regards to
the general list as well as to what section headings they have -- but I
don't know how doable that'd be.

> Personally I'd love to see the Ant home page become more Ant centric,
> but am (1) lacking time and (2) an amazingly bad webpage designer.

I'll have some time, once I get my new computer more set up, but I'm not
yet up on all the whiz-bang stuff you can do with web-pages (but I can at
least help proof the text :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)