ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: FTP & Directories
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:45:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaco de Groot" <jaco.de.groot@eo.nl>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 02:45
Subject: Re: FTP & Directories

> "Watkinson, John" wrote:
> >
> > >  <<FTP.java>>
> > > The problem persists on the latest version in CVS. I get a 521 error
on
> > > wu-ftpd (Linux). Right now only 550 and 553 errors are being ignored.
> > > Also, wu-ftpd returns a 550 on "permission denied" errors, so there
may be
> > > no simple solution here.
> > >
> > > Anyway, I've included a patch that ignores 521s if that's at all
useful to
> > > you.
>
> Can this patch be added to cvs? Possibly adding an "ignoredirerrors"
attrib to
> the ftp task to make it optional for people to use it?

I've had to make the same edit to my version of ftp; I could add the
ignore521errors as a option too.

I also added the ability to skip failed puts, so that at least the rest of
the upload succeeds rather than bailing out on the first error. This is good
for full web site updates that take time. I could submit this change some
time in the next day or so.

Incidentally, does anyone know why the ftp task is so slow?