ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject [SUBMIT] first pass at a task guidelines/process document.
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 17:50:36 GMT
This is something I started in my spare time a couple of days ago, a better
document covering the process and the style for submitting new tasks and
patches to ant.

The checklists at the bottom are probably one of the key benefits -they list
what should be done for someone new to the process. I also cover the issues
of GPL licensing, test cases and documentation.

Where it is incomplete is

-needs more detail on helper classes, classes to extend from

-more on how to write ant tests (i.e. some simple examples for people that
dont know Junit)

-a list of what the recommended names for attributes and elements should be.

The latter kind of depends on ant2.0 and the proposal to unify naming
better. Should it be 'src' or 'source'? Will failonerror be an aspect or
something each task must write? These are still undecided issues. Maybe I
should just mention that these are still up in the air and just recommend
consistency with other tasks.

Comments? Contributions to where the doc is incomplete?

-steve