ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: TASTE QUESTION: optional description attribute for ant projects?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:40:22 GMT
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: TASTE QUESTION: optional description attribute for ant
projects?

> What about putting it in a comment directly before the relevent element?
> (Or maybe this could be just for ant2). This works like the javadoc
> semi-illiterate style and should be familiar to most. (Besides it doesn't
> require no magic element names but can still contain a chunk of text).

In general I prefer to be explicit. Why overload a comment with another
function when we can have an element to contain the text. Javadoc doesn't
really do that since it uses a special comment delimiter. Anyway, such an
element is no more a magic element than <target> and <property> are now. Is
there a reason why we want to avoid new elements under project?

Conor