ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] workspace/subbuild issues
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:53:55 GMT
>  If I can depend on a target within another
> >build file, how do the properties get defined?
> same as they do currently

Huh? Since we currently don't do this, I'm not sure what you mean. When I
depend on a target in another build file, whose (global) properties does
that target use. Is it the global properties from the main build file, the
build file of the dependent target or a combination of both?

> >This can be a major problem if you try to link two build files (by a
> >dependency), which have property name collisions, which will be quite
> >common due to use of conventions (src.dir, for example).
> Youd should read AntFarms proposal as it addressed all these questions.

Well I read the example build files and the readme (and some of the code)
and I'm still a little uncomfortable with the property management issues
(scoping, precedence, etc) especially for antcall, etc.

Anyway, let me change my -1 to a +0 with those concerns.

View raw message