ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Task API
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:42:41 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Task API

> At 08:12  17/4/01 +1000, Conor MacNeill wrote:
> >> * tasks should have access to its own XML representation.
> >>
> >>   /Task Object Model instead of XML representation/
> >
> >-1.
>
> How do you propose to do container tasks?

What is a container task? (I could guess, just want to be clear)

Well, The requirement and how it is done are two separate things. I don't
believe all tasks need to have access to their Task Object Model. My idea
of container tasks is that there will be a separate interface implemented
by those tasks which will give the container the definitions of the
contained tasks.

So, it may be required for some tasks, but not for all.

> (BTW you need to supply a reason for this -1 to be valid)

Go ahead, degrade me :-)