ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] The late stuff
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:45:04 GMT
I agree with Stefan on this.

In my case, I have multiple compilation stages as part of the build. For
example, we need to compile the our own code generator, then generte code,
then compile the generated code, etc. And then we have different rules to
compile just the escentials or the whole thing.

However, the depends task would need to take a global view at the sources
since there are interdependencies between all these stages. Having the two
toghether would make matters just worst,because I will have more repetitive
depends analysis instaead of just one big swoop.

Jose Alberto