ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] iPlanet Application Server tasks
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 04:57:55 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Gee" <martin.gee@icsynergy.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <greg@netscape.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 10:02 PM
Subject: [SUBMIT] iPlanet Application Server tasks

> Hi Folks,
>
> The following tasks (and supporting files) add the needed scripting and
> administration features for iPlanet Application Server 6.0 The following
> tasks allow for:
> * J2EE application deployment and undeploy (ear, jar and war, resource).
> * Control of the application server process (local and remote). Kill,
stop,
> start and restart, with appropriate pausing feature (need to give
> application server time to breath between commands).
>
> Cheers,
> Martin Gee

These are an interesting set of tasks, even if they could do with a quick
run through jedit's jstyle mode to apply the sun layour rules to them.

It makes me think about how, some point in the foreseeable future, we could
move to having some appserver tasks which are server independent -

<appserver  type="tomcat" port="8086">
 <shutdown />
 <startup>
 </startup>
</appserver>

It may be a bit early; we need more support for bluestone, tomcat and
websphere tasks to go with the current set and then we can start teasing out
commonality. Or is there enough duplication with the weblogic and iPlanet to
start looking at a refactored design?

-steve