ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <j_a_fernan...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: -N option to CVS (was Re: [SUBMIT] resubmit of <recorder> with small changes)
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2001 20:19:46 GMT
Hi guys and gals,

I finally remember what is the trick to make "cvs -N -u" work as I said.

CVS will only look at files in the repository, so technically you would need
to do a "cvs add file" for "cvs diff" to work correctly. So since most of us
do not have commit permission you need to trick CVS by editing the
corresponding CVS/Entries file and add an entry for each one of your new
files. Run cvs-diff and then put everyting back.

That's it, the entry format is preaty simple, but I do not remember the
details. If someone can do a cvs add on some CVS repository and look at the
resulting entry, that is all is needed.

Jose Alberto