ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Bug in (was Re: odd code in
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 05:56:48 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Loughran" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: odd code in
> However the final place I found it was bug ID 4160499
> (,
> covers how the HttpUrlConnection class will generate a FileNotFound
> Exception when a 4XX error comes in -the second attempt to get the input
> stream will succeed.

So I've been tacking in more robustness into my refactoring of get,java,
along with getting the setproxy task to work in java1.1 , and yes, it is
easy to raise a file not found exception once you know what to do.

More to the point, you can do it the shipping with the task

  <target name="test7">
    <get src=""

The fault isn't in costin's code; it's in the stuff I added to do timestamp
based loads -so the bug has been present for months and months. Oops :-) At
least nobody has noticed yet.

I'm going to fix it in my reworked implementation -expect it soon- after
which the change can go back into, although I'm doing the legacy
support for this task onto the new codebase.

Should I log this bug on bugzilla?

View raw message