ant-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Liyanage <liyan...@access.ch>
Subject Ant task extensions / contributions
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:58:29 GMT

I created a few Ant task extensions which might be useful
in install type targets.

One gets user input via the command line, two implement
something like the "basename" and "dirname" commands
under UNIX. They share a common base class because
they both use property files to communicate their values
back to the build script.

They have proved to be very useful for us, we were able
to replace a shell-script based UNIX-only installation
procedure with an Ant target that runs on Unix and Win32.

What do you think? Is this useful? Is there a collection
of contributed tasks? Can I contribute ? I could take it
out of the packages they are currently in and put them
somewhere else.

The first four classes on this page contain the details:

http://www.access.ch/ml/software/java/doc/org/wyona/util/package-summary.html

Cheers

-Marc