ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: Ant2 Feature Request
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2001 01:31:22 GMT
On 22 Mar 2001 09:34:28 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> David Rees <d.rees.l@usa.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Actually, what I would like to suggest is that we reify the idea of
>>> a "task context".
>>
>> David, just to let you know why I did not add this to the Ant2 wish
>> list: This seems to be an implementation issue - or I'm
>> misunderstanding your idea.
>
>Thinking about it once again - there are so many implementation issues
>on the list already, that it wouldn't be fair to omit your suggestion.

I actually do consider it a feature in two ways.

1) Its clearly a feature for the API given to developers. To be honest
this and a clean XML api that coincides with the code API is all I
care about. The rest will all come in time.

2) I think it would be visible in the XML as well. Not clear what it
would look like yet.