ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Plan to gather functional requirements for Ant 2
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 07:50:26 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> (4) Vote on anything in (ii), (iii) and (iv) with a one week
> deadline on votes. [...]  A -1 by any committer should result in
> putting the corresponding stuff into bucket (v).

Some clarification, "-1 by any committer" shouldn't mean that users
don't have a say in this - if at all possible I wouldn't want to
overrule a user veto on anything, but in the end its just the
committers votes that really count.

> (5) Parallel to (4) start discussion on (v) with two weeks of
> discussion and a vote after that. [...]
>
> (6) Hash out the details for (iv) in discussions - again with a
> deadline and voting after that,

When looking through the "Action Items" in
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html> I think we are talking
about "Product Changes" here - with the effect that votes are subject
to lazy consensus, i.e. a -1 by a committer is a veto.

Stefan