ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] task/documentation writer's business
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:01:07 GMT
I'll act upon your -1s to move stuff soon 8-)

>>* Add an <ant> task that will find build files according to a
>>* fileset and invokes a common target in them.
>>
>>  <anton>?
>
> -0
> should be part of preprocessing
>
>>* Add a JavaApply task that executes a given class with files from a
>>  fileset as arguments - similar to <apply>.
>
> -0
> should be part of preprocessing

so defer those two to a later stage?

>>* socksified networking tasks, SSH tasks.
>
> -1 I am not sure we want to deal with legal consequences. If there
> was a clean SSH implementation elsewhere then it would be okay.

I don't see any legal consequences in an <exec>-layer over invoking
ssh. If you can legally invoke ssh, scp whatever from the command
line, you can do so from Ant I bet.

Any legal problems with OpenSSH? License is BSD and they didn't use
any code from the commercial SSH stuff - not that I'd want to
reimplement everything in Java.

Stefan