ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:06:19 GMT
Jose Alberto Fernandez <j_a_fernandez@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> I want an Apache hosted repository of contributions that would be
>> released under the Apache Software (Foundation) License.
>>

> Notice this is also fine, would this be what goes inthe optional
> task jar?

Something less coarse probably - the pvcs.jar with tasks for PVCS, the
cvs.jar for CVS and so on. Related tasks grouped together in libraries
of task. I'm talking about my ideas here, nothing that anybody had
agreed upon.

> Here we should enforce some more proper guidelines, formating,
> copyright notes, licencing and so on, I guess.

Exactly - I really think that the jakarta-commons project - once
started - will give us some ideas about the rules.

> Notice that once we have something like I am propossing I would
> assume that much of the presure on the optional tasks will disapear.

We'll see.

>> Actually, I think I'll start this list just now - using the IDE
>> integration packages I'm aware of.
>>
>> So what would we need? Name, description, URL, license. Anything
>> else?
>>

> Some way for users to comment about it would be nice.

This is a manual thing ATM, sorry. While user comments would be nice,
I'm afraid we could get swamped.

Stefan