ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:43:12 GMT
Oliver Wieland <wieland.oliver@vdi.de> wrote:

> [...]

thanks ;-)

> but what is the reason?

This has been shot down several times, I'll try to summarize.

We (well, most of us) agree that Ant should not become another
scripting language - scripting is supposed to be provided by the
<script> task for those who really want it. If you push support for
scripting elements into Ant's core, we fear Ant will become to
complex/difficult to maintain.

Stefan