ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] task/documentation writer's business
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:07:18 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> * Add an <ant> task that will find build files according to a
>   fileset and invokes a common target in them.
>
> * Add a JavaApply task that executes a given class with files from a
>   fileset as arguments - similar to <apply>.

+0, well, we might need to revisit this later - maybe we don't need it
at all as the core (or a preprocessor or whatever) would provide the
functionality.

> * make PATH handling consistent. Every task that has a PATH
>   attribute must also accept references to PATHs.

-1, should be moved to "guidelines for task writers" IMHO - unless we
could simply enforce this from the core, in which case it doesn't
belong here either.

No particular problem with the rest (read +1).

Stefan