ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] misc
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:38:55 GMT
Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez@imediation.com> wrote:

> What has to be internationalized in Ant ?

Error messages created by the core, provide some utility classes to
make internationalized error messages easy for task writers (could
have some overlap with Struts or Turbine).

And I'd love to see things like <echo> and <fail> extended to support
multiple messages, something like

<fail>
  <message lang="en">We need JMF to compile, please install it.</message>
  <message lang="de">Bitte installieren Sie JMF.</message>
</fail>

This is what came to my mind first. Probably have localized
description elements for targets as well (so that -projecthelp can
give different results).

I would not want to change the names of target or something similar.

Stefan