ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -emacs flag ??
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 09:35:31 GMT
I not only respond to myself, but actually disagree ... Do need
psychological treatment?

Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> Bill Burton <billb@progress.com> wrote:

>> So why not support a "logprefix" attribute at the task level by
>> adding it to the Task class?  Then in any task, you can specify
>> logprefix="no/off/false", etc. and the DefaultLogger class will
>> turn on "emacs" mode for the duration of that task.
>
> One reason, we don't have task level logging yet. This has been
> requested frequently, so we should add it to the list of requested
> features for Ant2 (I'll check whether it is already there and add it
> otherwise). Actually people wanted to adjust the logging verbosity
> on a task by task level, but prefixing could be an issue as well.

while the logging verbosity is something that is in the responsibility
of the project (at least for now), prefixing output or not is decided
by the logger. Having a doc:prefix, logprefix, whatever attribute
doesn't make sense if I use a different logger.

Do we want to add build file syntax for loggers which are not only
pluggable but also something that is front end specific? Don't think
so.

Stefan