ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <available> problem
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:31:45 GMT
Vincent Massol <vmassol@octo.fr> wrote:

> I was more concerned about the <available> task. It shouldn't define
> the property if the file cannot be found, right?

but it doesn't 8-)

file="" means "" relative to the project's basedir, which in turn
means the basedir itself - which exists.  If you really need something
that fails, "" is the worst of all choices.

To Nico and Steve, I think the current behavior is correct and that we
shouldn't have different behavior for files and directories.  There
might even be some build files out there that use file="some-dir" and
expect it to set the property if that directory exists.

Stefan