ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject The illegal DTD problem in <antstructure>
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:14:41 GMT
Some time back it has been reported that the DTD antstructure
generates right now is illegal - it contains a + sign in the
enumeration for the operation attribute of propertyfile's nested entry
element.

As I read it: An Enumeration consists of things following the Nmtoken
production and Nmtokens simply cannot contain a + (or a =, ? and many
other characters for that matter). So there is no way to have an
enumerated attribute like the incriminated one.

Maybe I'm misreading the XML spec and somebody around here knows
better than I do.  Anybody with a different opinion?

Proposed fix: When building up an enumerated attribute list, check
wether all parts follow the Nmtoken production. If not, degrade the
attribute to be of type CDATA.

Any problems with this approach?

Stefan