ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 07:38:07 GMT
Bill Brooks <wbrooks@lug.ee.calpoly.edu> wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2001, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Well, those "procedural purists" are a real pain, aren't they ;-)
>> These guys are a real "thought police" when they try to enforce
>> their view of the world ...
>>
>> I'm kidding here, Bill.
>>
>> Let's just try to keep dogmatism - any flavor of it - out of our
>> discussion.
>
> Okay. You can consider me duly chastised :-)

... heading to some online translation engine to make sure I know what
chastised means - well, at least IBM's translation engine on
Alphaworks could 8-) (why did I know this word?)

I've been called purist and thought police here when I battled against
procedural elements - well, scripting elements - before, just took the
opportunity to fight back ;-)

Stefan