ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] Task API
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:17:46 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> * tasks provide some way to identify their attributes from the
>   outside.

Do we need more support than IntrospectionHelper currently provides?

> * tasks should have access to its own XML representation.

Which XML representation? ;-)

> * Task level if and unless attributes.

Maybe a Task level <condition> child would be better? Maybe we want to
start calling this an aspect?

> * Allow tasks to find out, whether another task has completed
>   successfully.

Not sure. Why?

> * provide failonerror like functionality to all tasks

+1

> (Provide this as an aspect??  much like logging aspect or
> classloader aspect).

If "provide as aspect" means handled by something in core, not the
task, I agree.

Stefan