ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where do I start helping out with development?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:26:22 GMT
Matt Veitas <mveitas@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if there was a TODO list out there for ANT and the
> associated GUI project for ANT?

Right now, we are actually collecting requirements for Ant2, something
that could become a complete redesign or an evolution of current Ant.
See the Ant News page at Ant's website.

This means, for mid-term development, we are at least one ot two steps
away from a TODO list.

Most short-term development at the moment is bug fixing and enhancing
specific features.

> How does the group decide who does what and what needs to be done?

For the later, things get proposed and accepted or declined. Sometimes
the proponent submits an implementation - in which case the "who" part
is clear as well.

Up to now we've not really assigned task to people directly, somehow
it all sorted out itself. I can imagine that this will be different
when we start coding for Ant2.

Stefan