ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:42:22 GMT
Thomas Leonhardt <leonhardt@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> Now I want to be able to tell the user whether the files
> in the cvs repository contain errors by sending him an e-mail.
> I have found no way to do this with ant.

The usual answer to this is: "use a BuildListener". But this will only
help if the task fails completely - and therefore ends the build
process - or you can identify the error by parsing the messages
logged.

Jay Glanville has submitted a proposal for a <recorder> task a few
days ago, see
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=98441836117686&w=2>, that
could help you out here.

Anyway, I've added

* Allow tasks to find out, whether another task has completed successfully.

to the wish list.

> I tried to build a workaround by setting a property but the problem
> is that I can't override properties and properties defined inside
> a target seem to be local, I can't use them in other targets.

Could you please explain this a little? Properties are global, but
those set in sub builds - the things you run via <ant> or <antcall>
will not be transferred back to the parent build.

> The next thing is that the if-clause of the target only checks if
> the property is set but not to what value.

Added.

Stefan