ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:54:28 GMT
Tim Vernum <Tim.Vernum@macquarie.com.au> wrote:

> Peter Donald (21 March 2001 8:57 PM) wrote:

>> Whether stated or stated almost all of the developers have always
>> seen declarativeness as an aim (whether it is achieved is another
>> thing altogether).
>
> I am fairly familiar with the view of the committers,

You are? I'm not 8-) and I'm not sure whether there is a "view of the
committers" - I really expect the committers to disagree on many of
the "controversal" stuff from the wish list.

> Since that will end up being the collective view of the current
> committers, we can all make good guesses as to what it will be, but
> I do think that having it stated somewhere is worthwhile.

Yes - once we know what the "collective view of the current
committers", we can put that statement together and vote on it.

> How will the feature requests be evaluated?

Technically by voting. I'm not sure whether every committer will use
the same measures to cast her/his vote.

>> Umm server solution ???
>
> It's in the Jakarta mission statement.

which has been widened to something like " ... and related tools"
AFAIK, the website needs an update.

Stefan