ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another feature request??
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:45:41 GMT

> I was thinking about this more when installing stuff. Under unixes
> you usually have to go something like
>
> make clean; ./configure; make; make install

But this works by convention and not because make enforces something.

> It would be nice if the equivelent was translated into ants
>
> ant clean configure main install

Again, this will only work, if all people use targets named clean,
configure and install - so there is no point in not adding main to the
set of targets people should use. Dropping the default attribute in
project in favor of a hardcoded "main" will remove one of four special
names.

Stefan