ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] documentation system
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:25:24 GMT

> At 11:57  26/3/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Either is fine - they both use the same underlying DTD (subset of
> docbook) so we could even build with both with about 4-5 extra lines
> in build file ;)

I've seen you say this in a couple of contexts (with stylebook taking
the role of XSLT here) - I think you are wrong.

anakia like XSLT operate on any DTD you can come up with, the one used
for the Jakarta-Website is just an example, it all boils dows to
writing the "correct" velocity "thingy" (.vsl, don't have Velocity's
nomenclature handy).

stylebook on the other hand uses a fixed DTD - but it doesn't look
like a subset of DocBook at all (I use DocBook quite frequently) -
take a look at the table model for example.

Stefan