ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:10:01 GMT
Thomas Leonhardt <leonhardt@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

>> > I tried to build a workaround by setting a property but the
>> > problem is that I can't override properties and properties
>> > defined inside a target seem to be local, I can't use them in
>> > other targets.
>>
>> Could you please explain this a little? Properties are global, but
>> those set in sub builds - the things you run via <ant> or <antcall>
>> will not be transferred back to the parent build.
>>

> The problem is that I want to find out if the stuff I checked out
> does compile. If it compiles everything is fine, if not I want to be
> able to inform the user.
>
> (for xml source please see end of mail)

BTW, wenn Du Umlaute in Kommentaren benutzen möchtest, solltest Du
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> an den Anfang setzen,
"benoetigt" sieht blöd aus 8-)

OK, back to English - errm, my version of it.

I still think, you could simply write a build listener, that catches
the exception thrown by <javac> (doesn't antcall propagate the
exception and therefore terminate your build anyway?) and reports the
problem.

Something like the BuildListener from the FAQ -
<http://jakarta.apache.org:8080/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/16/topic_id/196/question_id/741>
- but it would check, whether target and task are "correct" and ignore
all other errors.

Stefan