ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on requested-features for Ant2
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:23:03 GMT
Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhelms@t-online.de> wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if the following to points imply to decouple the
> Ant-model from the persistence of the projectdefinition (XML)?

Not going to the points directly, but speaking in general: Ant2 will
stick on using XML files to describe the build by default, but its
architecture is supposed to not be coupled to an XML description at
all.

The requested feature that fits better would probably be

>>* allow facilities to build projects from multiple sources. ie CSS+xml
>>  or XSLT+ XML or Velocity+text or database or from inside jars or normal
>>  build.xmls etc.
>>
>>  allow the project tree to be built dynamically.

- which had 5 +1 votes and one +0 so far, i.e. it is likely to pass.

Stefan