ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart Halloway" <...@develop.com>
Subject Ditching the classpath, was RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 16:22:02 GMT
> The problem to me is more with managing the classpath. Unless we manage
> somehow for ANT to use its own classloader for all its own code.
> People will
> need to fuss with the classpath.

I can write this, if it really appears a good idea.  Could use a
URLClassLoader that doesn't delegate to the classpath or extensions loader,
so that misconfiguration there cannot hurt you.  If we did this it should be
an option (albeit possibly the default one), so people who want to access
the classpath or extensions can still do so.  Also, it would have to be
_very_ well doc'ed, or we would just be replacing one confusion with
another.

Stuart Halloway
DevelopMentor
http://staff.develop.com/halloway