ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject RE: Antidote
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:20:17 GMT
Hi Nick, hi Chris!

> Simeon Fitch [simeon.fitch@mseedsoft.com] is the original author/architect
> of Antidote, though according to a recent email from him, he is a bit
> swamped ATM.  While he architected the framework, he has previously stated
> that he can't do it all by himself, and thus needs contributions to 'flesh
> it out'.  I believe that he has included some very good docs in the most
> recent distribution of Ant (1.3).  Check those out, and see if anything
> suits your fancy.  I'm sure your contributions would be welcome.

> > I am interested in helping out on Antidote and was
> > wondering who to contact?

Simeon (fortunately ;-)) isn't still alone in developing Antidote! I, and I
think some others, have spend work on Antidote. Unfortunately there isn't
much discussion on Antiote on ant-dev :-( - and because Sim is very busy
now, there isn't much progress on Antidote the past weeks! Antidote needs
every contributer it can get! BTW: Antidote has 90% of the functionality
it needs for a 1.0 version, IMHO!

As Chris pointed out, Simeon wrote very good design-documents! Read them
first, for Antidote has it's very own (event-)architecture ;-)!

Welcome!
Chris