ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph.Wilhe...@t-online.de (Christoph Wilhelms)
Subject Antidote Implementation [PROPOSAL] for: fileset
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 21:40:18 GMT
Hi Simeon (and others)!

I had a side discussion what to implement next in Antidot; Sim pointed out
that filesets are still missing, so here is my proposal!

1st: I think we need at least one new ToolbarButton/ContextMenuItem: New
Fileset (or something like that, wich just is enabled when a node is
activated where fileset is a valid option. Do we need another
Button/MenuItem for "Add Include" or should this function should be provided
by the PropertyEditor???

2nd: An extension of the project tree is needed:

project

+-property
| |
| +-fileset
|   |
|   +-property/include

+-target

  +-task

    +-fileset

      +-property/include

3rd: The PropertyEditor can look like the task-propertyeditor.

BTW: Can one Task/Property contain multiple FileSets?

Implementation:
  New Ant Construction Set Elements:
    ACSFilesetElement (similar to ACSTaskElement)
    ACSIncludeElement (similar to ACSPropertyElement)
    and the BeanInfoClasses belonging to the Elements
  PropertyEditors:
    IncludesPropertyEditor
  Command Classes:
    NewFilesetCmd