ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:30:59 GMT

But is this really a problem? surely it would be simple to have an Ant.jar
that simply loads the jars in the lib directory and then runs the main
classes from lib/AntCore.jar.  People will still have to battle against the
classpath env variable, but in my experience it's best to keep that as clean
as possible and the classpath can be reduced to empty (virtually) on the
command line by simply running:

java -cp . -jar ant.jar

... but as Ken Wood [kwood@i2.com] has pointed out - this is getting into
design mode, so better to deal with it in that phase.

Rob