ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Oxspring" <roxspr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 04:06:14 GMT
A bit more consistancy with the tasks would be good - I'm always writing
<javac/> followed by <copy/> and can never remember that the first uses
"srcdir" and "destdir" whereas the second uses "todir" with the source
directory only specified in a fileset.  I know its a bit petty but I would
have thought that new users would find it easier to use with more consistent
attributes.

Also - although it is pretty much covered implicitly by the following two
entries from http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/requested-features.txt, the
vague notion of "better subproject handling" could be added for later
debate:

* create the concept of workspace so that projects can be built in a
  DAG and thus enable projects like catalina/tomcat to have an easy
  build process. It also helps CJAN to a lesser degree and would
  partially solve the JARs in CVS thing.

* support more control over the properties that are going to be passed
  to subprojects (modules)

(just trying to ensure that it/they don't slip through the net)

Rob