ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Burdick" <charles_burd...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:41:11 GMT
Here's some thoughts on what I'd like to see in Ant2:

- Clean distinction between ant-core and ant-tasks, both in codebase and
communication. I'd like to see the ant-dev list split into 2 mailing lists,
one for ant-core and one for ant-tasks.

- Reduce the scope of the "built-in" tasks to those that are essential, then
have a tiers of other tasks, like optional (endorsed by the ant-dev
community) and contrib (contributed, but not necessarily tested or
standardized). How are Apache webserver modules or Perl modeles managed?

- In ant-core, flesh out and strengthen interfaces that standardize and
generalize most of the tasks in ant-tasks.

- Use log4j rather than the custom logging found in Ant1 (this would allow
custom ant extensions to play nice with other custom libraries).

Thanks,
Chuck Burdick