ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Charles Burdick" <>
Subject [SUBMIT] diff task that is zip/jar aware
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:29:02 GMT
For my build process, the <uptodate> task was insufficient.  I wanted
instead to ignore the timestamps and compare files byte-by-byte.

The attached task is based on the <uptodate> task but instead sets a
property if the files are byte-by-byte different.  In addition, the task is
smart enough to try the files as's and byte-by-byte
compare each of their entries.

We have found this task to be very useful, especially in the context of a
nightly build.

Attachments: - the task, under Apache license, with JavaDocs - JUnit tests for, under Apache license
diff.html - some documentation