ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **" <>
Subject FW: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:05:16 GMT
Oops.  I accidentally posted this to the ant-user list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Liu, Kenneth Albert (Kenneth)** CTR **
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 5:51 PM
Subject: RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2

Looks like you guys thought of a lot already.  My additional reqs:
(none of these affect the Ant core)

Expand the number of commands available in the FTP task

Better documentation:
   Quick reference sheet for all built-in Ant tasks ("Ant in a Nutshell")
   Some facility to generate the reference sheet for optional tasks
   Ability to easily print all the documentation or possibly convert to PDF
   Require that all tasks and options are documented (before committing)
   Clear explanation of properties and when they are loaded and resolved
(it's 	confusing for new users)
   Document process to build Ant from scratch (and how to deal with those
      pesky optional tasks)

Default/sample XSLT for conversion of XMLLogger output to HTML

View raw message