ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] documentation system
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:18:19 GMT
on 3/27/01 4:51 AM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> At 02:13  27/3/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>> * generate docs by anakia/XSLT
>>
>> I don't really care which one we'd settle on too much, I'd have to
>> learn either.
>>
>> Does anakia support multiple output files? I know XSLT 1.0 does not
>> and one needs processor specific extensions - but it would be nice to
>> create a framed version from one huge document in a single pass.
>
> both anakia and stylebook support multiple output files in the "core"

Yes, but not from a single input file. Both Anakia and Stylebook take the
approach of 1 input -> 1 output. Not, 1 input -> N output.

For example, (I suspect) that Stefan wants to have a single XML file that
defines all of the Ant tag documentation (personally, I don't think that is
a good idea from a maintenance standpoint, but that isn't the issue here).
Then, that would be processed by [TOOL] to produce individual files that
could be linked with a framed document.

In order to do that with Anakia, it is possible, but not with the "core"
version. I am more than willing to stay up late one night and work with
someone to add this functionality. I don't think it will take more than 4-5
hours of work.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous