ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Nightly build optional.jar
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:21:35 GMT
on 3/22/01 2:03 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> As some of you may realize the automated nightly builds do not, in general,
> include many of the optional tasks. This is because the necessary support
> jars are not available on the box on which the nightly build is performed.
>
> To alleviate this, I will be uploading a more complete version of the
> optional.jar at somewhat irregular intervals into the nightly build area.
> In general you should be able to use this jar in place of the one generated
> automatically. There may be occasions where the two are out of sync but I
> feel this should be rare.
>
> You can access the first of these from here
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/optional/
>
> I have attempted to build the VA tasks in this version using a set of stub
> classes I have created. I would be grateful if a VA user (Wolf ?, Christoph
> ?) would check out whether these are OK. If not, I'll have to leave them
> out in future. I may try the same for the starteam tasks later if these are
> OK.
>
> Conor

FYI, I'm working on a more centralized system that will allow easy script
execution of nightly build tasks...you can see the start of my work here:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/scripts/>

It is far from complete and is definitely KISS based, but it is a start...

Also, please don't modify the files as they are not in CVS yet. :-(

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous