ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <>
Subject Re: delete quiet=true
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:36:22 GMT
on 3/12/01 12:49 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <> wrote:

> The change you made was to stop delete throwing an exception when
> quiet=true.

When I originally checked in the code, my intention was to simply make the
logging turned off in order to emulate rm -f. I really wanted to be able to
delete a non-existent file/directory.

> In effect quiet is a misnomer and it would perhaps have been
> better named failonerror (you'd need to reverse the polarity, there, if you
> know what I mean). You didn't actually make the task quiet, in the logging
> sense.

Maybe for that intention it is.

> I would suggest we make the log statement indicated at verbose level. I
> can't imagine many people caring about not being able to delete a file that
> doesn't exist. If you agree, I can make the change for you.

I would agree to that.

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: