ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Zhu, Yao" <Yao....@gs.com>
Subject build test cases for build process?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:46:33 GMT
Hi,

Over the course of a project, the build.xml file often get changed to update
the changes in the project, or as we understand project better. So far, I
have yet heard anyone mentioned anything about building test cases for the
ant build process to maintain project integrity. Without test cases, modify
build.xml can be a nightmare, especially if I depends on other projects,
which I have no control over.

With test cases, I can have high level of confidence that the build process
works in the way as I expected it to work.

Just food for thought :)

-Yao ZHu

Yao Zhu

Firmwide Internet Group                        Tel: 212-357-6342
Goldman, Sachs & Co.                          Fax: 917-343-2470
One New York Plaza, 39th Floor             Mobile: 917-579-2916
New York, NY 10004                             Pager: 917-632-3308

Email: yao.zhu@gs.com