ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay Glanville" <dic...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Logger flexibility answer?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:25:05 GMT
In my opinion, if you see a need for something, you should be willing to
participate in the solution.

On Thursday, I made a request that Ant2 have a more flexible logger system.
Since then, I've given more thought on the functionality that I'd need.  So,
now, I'm introducing the concept of a <recorder> task, and I'd like some
feedback.

I've made an ant-style document as to the task's purpose and syntax -- sort
of a requirements specification.  It's attached to this e-mail.  Of course,
it's written for an Ant1.4 context, as the look of Ant2 is nowhere near
stable.

So, my questions are:
- would anyone other then me use it?
- is there functionality missing that others might find useful?
- any other comments ?

Thanks

JDGlanville

--
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks

 <<recorder.html>>