ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject [Ant2] Feature requests
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:45:57 GMT
1) Dynamically generated build files.
   I think that is covered by this point:

       allow facilities to build projects from multiple sources. ie CSS+xml
       or XSLT+ XML or Velocity+text or database or from inside jars or normal
       build.xmls etc.

    But I  want to make sure.

2)  Allow more customisation of filesets programmatically (ie from java)
    There are a number of points covering this in section V, but they're
    all quite specific, and are have the potential to be rejected.
    At the very basic level, what I want is for FileSet to be an interface
     so that I can (programmatically) generate a fileset that (eg) builds
     a list of filenames from a unix command.

3)  As in (2), focus on making all datatypes interfaces, rather than
     the classes they are now, to allow for weird and wonderful
     customisations.

4)  Releated to (2), allow "typedefs" similar to "taskdefs" so one can do
     "<my-super-fileset> ... </my-super-fileset>"

I think that's the core things I want.
Basically, I'm happy to hack up, all the features that I need, but I need
 the core to provide the interfaces/hooks to support that.