ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: What I did to DirectoryScanner
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:27:46 GMT

On 15 Mar 2001 09:44:24 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>The last change to DirectoryScanner will break backwards
>compatibility, but probably for the better of it. Anyway, I thought I
>should give you a heads up.
>
>The list of included directories will now contain "" if this
>matches. This has the following effects on existing tasks (maybe more,
>but this is what I can see):

>Does anybody see any problems with this approach? Should it be made
>optional?

My only problem is with the convoluted
isIncluded/isExcluded/notIncluded logic is now in three places - while
before it was only in two. I would have preferred a refactoring. Of
course, it directly effects me since I now need to add the Culler
logic in three places ;).

Maybe I will refactor as part of my next culler cut?

While we are on the subject, is there really a reason for the excluded
and non-included parts of DirectoryScanner? They are not referenced
from anywhere in Ant or its the optional tasks and they serious
complicate the class (including adding the need for the fast/slow scan
stuff).

dave