ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Saunders <mich...@amtec.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Ant 1.3 Released
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:54:20 GMT
Conor,

I downloaded the binary again from the following location:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.3/bin/jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz

I gunziped it with:
    gunzip jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz
and then untared it with:
    tar -xvf jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar

I should have looked more closely at the output but the last few lines from tar
are as follows:
jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/clearcase/package-summary.html,
5849 bytes, 12 tape blocks
jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/clearcase/package-tree.html,
6035 bytes, 12 tape blocks
jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/ClassFile.html,
10665 bytes, 21 tape blocks
jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/ClassFileIterator.html,
7162 bytes, 14 tape blocks
jakarta-ant-1.3/docs/api/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/ClassFileUtils.html,
10452 bytes, 21 tape blocks
tar: directory checksum error

It looks like tar is having trouble untaring it. I don't think it is my download
that is corrupt. It happens every time I get a fresh copy and in addition I am
able to get the .zip version. I am running an Ultra 60 Sparc with Solaris 7. Are
you running a windows version of tar that possibly is incompatable with my sun
version?

Like I said I was able to get the .zip version so no big deal to me but I
thought you might be interested so as to make sure that others who download the
tar file are not stumped.

Michael